Monday, November 1, 2010

GO FIGURE: Carb-Up Edition: October 31, 2010


Good Morning .. 0731 to be exact !

30 weeks out and the fat loading diet is moving right along .. helping me to put on some size and give me the energy to workout like the maniac I am .. or claim to be ;) At the moment my nutrition program consists of around 175g of protein, 147g of fats, and less than 40g of carbs. This approach is proving to work really well with my body .. although I never really doubted my coach!

After almost three weeks since my last carb-up today is the day to re-feed the body once again!

Are you asking yourself WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN and WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT??? Well let me explain .. once upon a time in a far away city called Calgary this determined and slightly off kilter figure competitor decided to embark upon a new challenge .. to kick some booty and grab her pro card in the May 2011 Vancouver WBFF show .. ok maybe I am going back a little too far .. back to the carb-up .. for the past three weeks I have been on low carbs so that I can gain some muscle by using the fat for energy but not consuming carbs so I dont store the fats .. Capiche?? NOW on this glorious Halloween morning at 0800 I will be gobbling up 1 cup of fresh pineapple before I head to the gym for my workout. This might not seem like a BIG DEAL to most of you BUT let me tell you after going 3 weeks with no fruit at all ... ahhhhhhhhhhhh HEAVEN !! So you can imagine what I am going to look like skipping around in the gym tossing dumbbells around left right and centre .. kinda sounds like a circus show .. I assure you it kind of is. I have to thank my coach AKA Coach Jugs for putting up with my 1300 text messages during these workouts! The texts usually go something like this:
- Holy smokes I just saw a vein here and here and here
- I feel high (not that I know what that feels like of course .. I have never inhaled .. and DO NOT approve the use of drugs)
- Can I do more cardio to burn off this energy

OR just a simple "Holy bananas look at what you have done" ... good things of course

Once the workout is completed I will be heading home to feast on some pancakes with my mother .. who is very sad that she has no one to eat baking with on a regular basis. I dont think she understands how fast I will be talking after eating all that syrup .. Jenny B the auctioneer no doubt !!!

The rest of the day is filled with lovely food such as bagels, pizza, oatmeal and the most glorious food of all .. red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing .. give me a moment while I wipe the tear of joy from my eye .. ok thanks!

The rest of the day will be filled with helping one of my EnterActive Health and Fitness girls prepare for her Tri-Fitness competition coming up on November 19th. We will be striking a pose and doing a makeup dress rehearsal to make sure she is GOLDEN for her debut on the stage. She is gonna RAWK IT !!

So off I go into carb land .. where the sugar is sweet .. the workouts are faster than a speeding bullet .. and Jenny B has a smile on her face like nothing you have ever seen before !!

Wish me luck !!

saying of the day: GO BIG OR GO HOME !!

No comments:

Post a Comment