Monday, November 1, 2010

GO FIGURE: Post Carb-Up Smiles!


Yesterday started out fantastic with a lovely cup of fresh pineapple .. might not seem like a big deal to some BUT when you haven't touched fruit in almost three weeks .. let me tell you when it hits your lips .. well it almost brings a tear to my eye .. ok that's a slight exaggeration! Another funny thing happens about 20min later .. as I drive to the gym for my sweet (get it pineapple pre-workout) workout .. the veins start popping and the energy starts flowing .. good thing I have my blackberry (Berry) to keep me from zipping through my workout like a speeding bullet! I had a great back and chest workout followed by 20min of serious booty building madness on the stepmill!

I followed the scent of sweet smelling pancakes and Aunt Jemima home where my mother had stacked my 4 pancakes on a warmed plate. We sat and had some coffee and pancakes as my leg jittered back and forth from this new sugar running through my veins !! Holy energy Batman !!

After "breakfast" I ran (not literally as I loath cardio) over to Market Mall to meet Ang. Ang is my super hero friend and client that will be competing in her first Tri-Fitness competition on November 19th. Ang (Super Leggo) had a make-up trial run for stage and so I wanted to go with her to make sure that they did her up "semi-drag queen" style. As all competitors know .. that make-up has to be bright and dark to stand out on stage as the bright lights wash you out. Needless to say she looked gorgeous.

Super Leggo and I headed to the gym to have posing practice .. AKA hooker heel walking time .. Good fun indeed! Seeing my gains in the mirror while gobbling down bagels = my kind of fun . lol

The rest of the afternoon was spent eating other glorious carbs .. getting some work done .. catching up with family and friends over the net and having a facebook message war with one of my best friends Carrie .. always good times!

My day ended at 2300 laying in bed under the covers with a hot bowl of oatmeal with a beautifully sliced green banana and melted peanut butter talking to my Super Hero friend in Winnipeg. Does life get any better than this? A great day filled with friends, family, good food and great workout!

I am a very lucky woman and remain grateful everyday that I am surrounded by such beauty. That I have a roof over my head, a family that RAWKS, friends like no other, a coach who dedicates so much time and energy to helping me achieve my goals, a healthy and fit body that is shaping up, determined to kick some booty on stage, a network of fabulous inspiring people within the fitness industry and the list goes on .. but I don't want to brag ;)

Soooooo today I am back on the fat-loading wagon ready to have an epic workout and use all this energy to push myself to the limits!

Saying of the Day: IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH .. YOU WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES !! GIVER !!

No comments:

Post a Comment